El 6to Estado - En Espanol

Sunday, February 20, 2005

My motto, aka "In the beginning, Mac created this blog"

My motto:

"Penny begat nickel. Nickel begat dime. Dime begat quarter. Quarter begat dollar. Dollar begat truth. Truth begat FREEDOM!"

I coined this phrase back in the mid-90s to say that there is nothing wrong with capitalism and profit. Money equals power and power gives one the ability to say "No!" to something that goes against their nature. If the poor have money, they can say no to exploitation by the greedy. Put simply, pursue profit to achieve freedom. Money and power are not the "be all and end all" of our existence, freedom is.

When I was a news reporter, I was told what to write and how to write it. They paid me. I did it. No editorializing. Just the facts; no opinion. Now I'm using the experience I've gained and the talent I've been given to post what I really believe. Ever heard the expression, "The power of the press belongs to those who own a press." It's my press now. True pamphleteering. Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine would be proud of the bloggers, what they have accomplished and what they can accomplish. I've been posting my opinions on the usenet since 1995. It's about time I started a blog.

[Assume that everything here that isn't copyrighted by someone else is copyrighted by me. Unless I inform you otherwise, if it's for non-commercial use, feel free to copy, republish and mirror, all I ask is that you just be ethical, moral and just, and give credit where credit is due. Failure to give credit where credit is due, or your use of my material commercially, negates any permissions, explicit or implicit, granted by me. That being said, "Thank you St. Scott and Green County Internet for all the help through the years. You da man!" They are some of the finest folk I have ever met, and I meet a lot of great people.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home